18 Things Only A Martian Mom Will Understand (You Won't Believe #13!)
by Stephen S. Power
1. Explaining to your kids that they're all still siblings, no matter which of your wombs they came from.
Besides, most days you can't remember who came from where yourself.
2. Your mother calls every week just to remind you how easy you have it.
"I helped conquer this planet!" she says. Right, Ma. Uphill. Both ways.
3. When an Earth mom says, "You let your kids keep snakes? Why not a puppy?"
"Because we don't eat puppies. We're not monsters."
4. Threatening to whip your kids with a tentacle--
Even though you'd never do it.
5. But loving your kids when they spread their tentacles on the subway and the Earth moms are too chicken to ask them to stop.